"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Malina's Catch (By: Malina)


"I was surprised and happy!" said Erica,
Malina, 5th grader from General Mitchell, caught a ball on May 1st, 2013 at 12:00. It was during kickball.
They play the game during recess, which is from 11:45 to 12:05. During recess the kickball game begins with picking the captains. Then the captains pick the teams. The teams have both 4th and 5th graders on them. Usually, a lot of the kids are playing the game, like about 24!! That's a lot of kids!!!!!
Malina was all time outfield, which is when, instead of going to kick and play outfield, you only play outfield. So basically you don't have a team.  
We were playing on the yellow diamond, not the white one, the yellow one.
"I think she could catch another ball," says friend Alyssa.
Malina was playing all time outfield. The ball got kicked and it was just 2 feet away. She ran  to the ball and.... caught it!!!!! She was SO happy! She did a happy dance and screamed!
"I think that it was amazing for her to catch a flying ball, I was super shocked," said Abby.
That day was great, we sat down with Malina and she told us the details.
Interviewer: Did you think you were going to catch that ball when the day started?
Malina: No I didn't, I didn't think I was going to be catching a ball anytime soon!
Who do you think was the most happy for you?
I think that it was either my BFF, Erica or my other friend Alyssa.
       
That was our conversation with the great and mighty Malina.
So this event was pretty important, especially to Malina. She doesn't usually catch balls. Luckily, her friends are very supportive. With that support, she can catch more and more of those kickballs.